Notes on execution
- Make sure you do not exceed your blenders limits. As the mixture is pureed the paste will get thicker. If you have too much volume the blender will bog down and / or cavitate. Your only choice then is to lower viscosity by adding water or olive oil
- leave room in your blender to be able to tweak the recipe to suit your tastes
- 11.2.2014 – The quality of the beans used makes a difference! In spite of being pureed you can still sense a textural difference. I also sensed a taste difference. Currently in Brazil. I tried using Kanty which is a cheaper brand of chickpeas. I can very distinctly sense the difference in quality between the hummus made from them and they hummus made from the better Yoki brand.
- 3 cup cooked chickpeas
- 1/2 cup tahina
- juice of 2 lemons. ( 1/2 cup lemon juice …needs to be measured and updated here ) – fresh will taste much better. Bottled only if necessary.. Vinegar in a pinch. The flavor of beans is complemented well by acids.
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil