MCS – Multiple Computer Setup
The idea is to use multiple computers and have a seamless desktop where
- the clipboard is common from computer to computer
- you can slide from 1 monitor to another
- copy and paste files from one computer to another
- use a single keyboard and mouse
- not be required to use the same operating system on each system
I found an open source project that seems promising named Synergy. NOTE( June 2019 ): Yes it worked too well now the project is commercial software. The following links redirect to the commercial page.
- Hack Attack: Control multiple computers with a single keyboard and mouse
- Synergy project on SourceForge
- Synergy project home page – look here for the latest.
There are still open source versions at these locations
- Google: synergy multiple computers download
- SourceForge: Synergy Stable Builds – last modified 2 years ago
- brahma-dev.github.io: Downloads [Free] | Synergy Stable builds – has x64 version here
- GitHub: brahma-dev/synergy-stable-builds – SOURCE – Archived forked from symless/synergy-core
- Google: download synergy source code site:github.com
- Microsoft C++ redistributable package required for Synergy operation
Configuring and Running Synergy
- Google Search: Synergy Configuration
- Matt Cutts: Configure Synergy in Six Steps
- How-To: Share your keyboard and mouse in realtime with Synergy -More detailed step by step
- QSynergy is a graphical setup tool appears better than the gui tool included with the synergy package.
phpscripts · June 18, 2011 at 6:04 am
This really is a awsome write-up, i’m pleased I stubled onto.