- Download the package here
- OScommerce quick install instructions
- chmod calculator was helpful
- Portuguese language pack – this appears to work with 2.2 but wants php 4 – fails with message = FATAL ERROR: register_globals is disabled in php.ini, please enable it!
- Portuguese Language Pack for 2.3 – this one works with version 2.3 of OScommerce
- Video: How to add a language – also has a good way of modifying graphics using a tool
How to Use OScommerce
Version 2.3 Post-Installation Notes
It is recommended to follow the following post-installation steps to secure your osCommerce Online Merchant online store:
- Delete the/install directory.
- Rename the Administration Tool directory located at /admin.
- Set the permissions on /includes/configure.php to 644 (or 444 if this file is still writable).
- Set the permissions on /admin/includes/configure.php to 644 (or 444 if this file is still writable).
- Review the directory permissions on the Administration Tool -> Tools -> Security Directory Permissions page.
- The Administration Tool should be further protected using htaccess/htpasswd and can be set-up within the Configuration -> Administrators page.
After looking around at the installation it appears that the portuguese language pack may be incompatible with the newer version of the software. What I found was there was many files missing in the includes/languages/portugues. All the functioning sites I saw in portuguese were using version 2.2. Another working site here. The portuguese language pack also says "its compatible with 2.2"