- RGE-06 characteristics ( the cable net uses in their system)
- 2 way cable amplifier on ebay
- Holland model HCDA-1FRA-AG CATV 1-Port Drop Amplifier 54-1000 MHz forward / 5-42 MHz Active Reverse DC PWR in/RF out +15 dB PWR in 12-16 VDC RF INPUT/DC PWR OUT
- Site that sells holland amps and POE splitters
- Data Sheet for HCDA-1FRA with reverse gain specs
- Sheet that shows better photo of hcda-1fra – allows deduction of POE scheme.
- Holland HCDA-PI power inserter
- Antronix ARA1-15 – these are cheap on ebay. However they do not have gain adjust. Thus some hacking might be required to lower reverse path gain.
- ARA1-15EQ/AC – No reverse gain but it has equalization – likely we only need gain down at Claudio's house and not Luizom's.
- FRA1-1510 – 15db down 10db up fixed
HDA-1000 Amplifer – has 30 db of gain with slope / gain control and a passive return.
Other Amps / Hardware
- HCA-36ERA Holland 750 MHz Bi-Directional Catv Amplifier
- Holland Electronics LE-31-860 Line Extender Amplifier
- Antronix Fiber Node – Not sure what this node's mate is? Would like to find because it would probably implement RF over fiber for cable internet
Professional Level Amp: Motorola Starline BLE-100K
- Ebay: Motorola Starline
- Motorola Starline BLE100 Installation and operation manual
- Motorola Starline BLE100 Specification summary sheet #1
- Motorola Starline BLE100 Specification summary sheet #2
- Ebay: danygiraldo9412: NEW Motorola Starline Broadband Line Extender BLE 100K – this guy has Motorola Starline BLE100K's or did.
|Coax Cable Signal Loss (Attenuation) in dB per 100ft*|
|* Note: Coax losses shown above are for 100 feet lengths. Loss is a length multiplier, so a 200 ft length would have twice the loss shown above and a 50 ft length would have half the loss.|
SB5101 Motorola SurfBoard Modem Operational levels
Modulation 64 or 256 QAM
Maximum Data Rate* 38 Mbps (256 QAM at 5.361 Msym/s)
Bandwidth 6 MHzp
Symbol Rate 64 QAM 5.057 Msym/s, 256 QAM 5.361 Msym/s
Operating Level Range –15 to +15 dBmV
Input Impedance 75 Ω(nominal)
Frequency Range 88 to 860 MHz
Modulation 8***, 16, 32***, 64***, 128**** QAM or QPSK
Maximum Channel Rate** 30 Mbps (64 QAM at 5.120 Msym/s)
Bandwidth 200 kHz, 400 kHz, 800 kHz, 1.6 MHz, 3.2 MHz, 6.4*** MHz
Symbol Rates 160, 320, 640, 1280 and 2560 and 5120*** ksym/s
Operating Level Range
A-TDMA +8 to +54 dBmV (32 QAM, 64 QAM)
+8 to +55 dBmV (8 QAM, 16 QAM)
+8 to +58 dBmV (QPSK)
S-CDMA +8 to +53 dBmV (all modulations)
Output Impedance 75 Ω(nominal)
Frequency Range 5 to 42 MHz (edge to edge)
SB5101 Motorola SurfBoard Modem Links
- SB5101 Specifications: Including frequency bands of up and down link
- SB5101 Motorola modem data sheet 1
- SB5101 SurfBoard installation manual
The HCDA-1FRA High performance HCDA Series amplifiers for both the forward path as well as the return path to give you full control and flexibility with your system. The product case, and all of the ports are hermetically sealed to ensure no moisture comes in direct contact with the electronics. COMES WITH POWER SUPPLY INSERTER
- 1 GHz Bandwidth
- Amplifies Forward & Return Path
- High Input Capability & Low Noise Figure
- Ideal For Digital or Analog
- Hermetically Sealed Case & Ports
- Surge Protected (IEE C62.41-1991, All Ports)
HOLLAND HDCA-1 HDTV DTV Digital 1 GHz 15 dB Gain CATV Amplifier
The HCDA Series is the top of the line CATV drop/subscriber 15 dB Gain with Passive Return, 2-way Services Amplifier. Sealed “F” ports, and an RFI and hermetically sealed back plate make the HCDA amplifiers unsurpassed in environmental ruggedness. It is 2-way Services capable for PPV Programs and High Speed Internet connection to the Cable TV Modem. Install this Amplifier Inside or Out, comes with a Power Supply featuring "F" Port connections to facilitate multiple installation options using the same RG-6 cable used in the Cable TV Install. Install this Amplifier before the splitter that feeds to multiple TV set locations as to negate the loss of signal
· Qty=3 amps. HCDA-1FRA 1 for spare or if you need more gain. ( each comes with Pwr supply I think ). If not get the pwr supply separately. VERIFY!
· Qty= 2 POE just in case you need to run from Claudios and from your house. Most likely you will end up with a spare.
· The cable you can find on ML: http://lista.mercadolivre.com.br/rge-06