THE WET54G DROPS ONCE PER DAY. AVOID USING THIS PRODUCT.
I need to link another location with the internet available at my first location and the Linksys WET54G bridge will perform this function. It is called a "client bridge" It is small: Dimensions 4.96" x 1.06" x 4.21"
After having installed this and tested it my review of this product is:
- Users Guide: Linksys WRT54G
- Google: configuring wet54g bridge
- How to set up a Linksys WET54G Eternet Bridge to connect to a public hotspot
- User Guides for Linksys Network Bridges
- Linksys: WET54G User Guides
- You probably can leave your laptop set to DHCP. You can probably do this if you hook your laptop and bridge unit to a switch
- Use SITE SURVEY button to find the network wireless access point you want to connect to
- Click on the access point and OK the change of the SSID to the same as the access point
- That will take you to the a security settings page. Select the correct security mode and enter the WiFi key > these should match your main router values
- Make sure Security is enabled on the SETUP page.
You should be connected now.