This 5 part series details the history of the evolution of English from Friis to modern English. Very interesting.
Archive for April, 2012
A must watch series on your base functions. Human Instinct
Interesting that WordPress can be hacked.
- Blog infected with malware
- base64 decode in index.php
- identified as redirector.ji
- Identified as Trojan:JS/BlacoleRef.W
- Google: base64 decode wordpress hacked site:dreamhost.com
- Case study of website malware removal
- WordPress Directory and File Permissions
- Securi Scan – shows if your site is infected and what it is infected with.
- Searching for backdoor on your server
- TroubleShooting hacked sites
- Example debug sequence
Yikes when will these guys quit and get a real job? This one hides your files and makes it hard to recover.
- Ran TDSSKiller – nothing detected
- Ran MalwareBytes – detected a list of things – deleted > Indirect Link to offline download of threat database here – Link Direct to threat database download here
- Found SMART HDD removal instructions at this point
- Ran unhide.exe and the computer returned to normal operation with a few icons missing from the start menu