An eye opening video on DNA hacking. In this video you will see that the DNA hacking crowd is has tried breaking down DNA information into reusable blocks of code just like object oriented programming with computer coding languages.
In a short 20 years we are going to start seeing things we would not have believed if we had been told about them today.
A comic book treatment: Adventures in Synthetic Biology
First one to 200 years of age wins.
List of websites referred to in the video presentation
- NCBI – Pub Med
- BioBricks are function blocks of DNA that are supposed to do a certain function.
- T7 Genome
- Refactoring Bacteriophage T7
- Agilent Genomics
- Registry of standard biological parts
- BBa F2620 biobrick datasheet
- BBa_I750016 vesicle gene – buoyancy
- Banana Mint Fart E-Coli BSGD – banana smell generating device
- Open WetWare –