- As always you must apply to the consulate in the correct jurisdiction. See the map above. I have noticed slight variances in the instructions per area. These notes detail my application for an Ohio address.
- Overview of Applying for a Visa – You can no longer mail in a visa application. You can not pick a visa up in person. They will mail the passport with visa back to you via USPS only with self addressed stamped envelope
Tourist Visa Requirements
- Visa application form: Fill this out online. They say to print the application but it is really the receipt for the application that you print out and glue a passport photo to.
- Passport photo with white background 2×2 inches in size – this will be glued on to the visa application receipt: Says: Recibo de entrega de requerimento – RER that is printing out after filling out the online forms.
- Itinerary: Copy of purchased round-trip ticket or letter from a travel agent under applicant’s name with complete itinerary, flight number and arrival/departure dates and reservation code provided by the airline company.
- Proof of Jurisdiction: copy of driver’s license, utility bills, copy of lease, bank statements and in some cases school documents are all acceptable documents as proof of jurisdiction.
- Self addressed & stamped envelope with your address filled in. Return address of the consulate. Note the tracking number so you can track the return. U.S. Post Office only.
- Visa Fees: 160 USD. US Post Office money order filled out as described on the linked page. They only accept US Postal MOs.