Emergency Stop: Budget Inn Exit 113 in Conway Missouri – Have land lot next door they will let you leave equipmentMonday, November 7th, 2016
- Budget Inn – Conway Missouri: 417-589-2503 Map:I-44 – Exit #113 – They own the large lot next to the motel where they will let you drop large equipment for a while if you are in trouble. Very large. Semi tractor trailer would easily fit.
- Google: Rocking Chair Restaurant: Right next to the Budget Inn. Thus if you are stuck for a bit there without car due to it being in a shop you can hunker down and still be able to eat.
- Google: Lebanon Missouri AutoZone – (417) 588-5887
- Lebanon Missouri O'Reilly Autoparts
- Sawyer Tire – Lebanon Missouri – Open 8AM to 12 noon on Saturdays. It is one of the few if not only place open on Saturday in Lebanon. Savannah did a really good job of shoe horning me in on the spot.
When my van which was pulling a heavy Uhaul trailer popped a "Service Engine Soon" code I was lucky enough to be just short of Conway Missouri on I-44. I exited on exit #113 and decided to stay the night in the Budget Inn there. The van was running more or less with just a stutter / jerk every so often. Still I wanted to read the code and find out if it was going to die in a relatively short period of time. As luck would have it the couple who run the Budget Inn are a kind lot and had pitty on me. Ben drove me 17 miles to the Lebanon Missouri Autozone where I bought a code reader. When we got back to the motel I read the code and it said "Right side cam shaft position sensor fault". A call to my favorite mechanic yielded the result that I could limp home without service albeit slowly. I opted to stay the night and see if I could get the part the next morning and either put it on myself or find a mechanic. I was a bit frazzled from all the driving so a mechanic was the better option but who would I find open on a Saturday? When I woke up Saturday morning I drove slowly to the Autozone and bought the sensor. At that point I asked them if they knew any mechanics open on Saturday. They said Sawyer Tire was one of the only places open. I called and Savannah was very helpful promising to get me in. I went there directly and the mechanic figured out that there was only 1 cam shaft position sensor and it was on the left side. It was easily accessible and was swapped in under 15 minutes.
So if I am ever passing by again with car issues I am noting this so that I can hole up there and get my car fixed. A bonus was that the internet in the room functioned well. That made researching what to do online much easier.
- Marshfield Towing: 417-859-6385 – did not need to use
- Auto Repair & Services: 19950 Highway W, Lebanon Mo 65536 – did not use.