Click for larger version
Description of precedure to install apps when Google Play Services refuses to update. Example of this is when you click install and get "Download Pending"
- find the app in the google play store
- Go to: APK Download Link Generator and generate a link to download
- Put the link on a webpage so you can then download on phone – You can bypass this by doing DL on your phone. I am doing it here using this page as intermediary.
- Navigate to this page and click on the apk link you want to install
- After downloading click on the download and you will be prompted to install
Applications I have used this procedure on
- Google Play Services Apk file
- Gmail App file
- Droid48 Calculator
- WhatsApp – 2-7-2018 – this is the date I downloaded but Google Play gave me an Aug 2017 version that would not run.
- WhatsApp -7-15-2018
- WhatsApp Download directly from their site
The download pending problem is why I search out the above work a round solution. Below are my notes on fixing the problem.
I could not find the CLEAR DATA button in the Play Store App. I did FORCE STOP and then DISABLE. At this point the phone appeared to give an option to update Play Store and after a bit restarted itself. I am not really sure of these second part but it worked and I could directly install WhatsApp.