This recipe allows you to capture all the fat from chicken and automatically make your base soup stock. Bewave – cauliflower beaten smooth in a blender is as sweet as a tomato soup.
- Full package of chicken thighs
- 2 leaks
- 1 onion – big
- black pepper
- bay leaf
- Put chicken at bottom of pot – cover with water – apply heat
- put some milk in blender – blend the cauliflower – It will be sweet so balance out cauliflower sweetness / quantity against your tastes. Blend smooth
- Fry / caramelize mushrooms – add to cauliflower in blender and blend smooth
- Cut up onions / leaks / garlic – fry and add to blender mix – blend till smooth
- If you need to add water remove some from pot to avoid diluting too much
- Add blender mix to pot
- Add cream
- heat until warm – stir to mix completely
- Add the seasoning to taste – I went heavy on the thyme to beat against the chicken flavor – salt to beat against the sweetness of the cauliflower – black pepper to distract – bay leave underlying flavor base.
- Cook / low boil for 20 minutes – fish the chicken out and remove bones and toss chicken back in or eat separately