I was notified by email that my American Airline Advantage miles were expiring. This is because AA has had very high round trip ticket prices to Brazil.
- American Airlines AAdvantage contact form – Call them to verify the methodology you extract from the above webpage is valid. 1-800-882-8880
- All the credit cards offered on the AAdvantage site have a yearly fee of about 95 USD. Not a natural fit.
- Dining out is another option but all the locations are a bit far away from my home base. It's not a natural fit.
- AAdvantage eShopping site links out and uses web cookies so that when you click through an purchase that will cause an action that preserve your miles. This is a natural fit for me as I am currently renovating two houses.
- Create an account on AAdvantage eShopping
- Select a vendor you want buy a product from – Example: Home Depot – see screen shot below:
- Click though to vender of interest. Example: Home Depot – this took me to the Home Depot site as per normal with AAdvantage eShopping cookies that will credit miles to you.