More stuff showed up on my personal machine. Yuk. rootkit.0access.h
Additionally when using the method I used it breaks the net connection. I fixed all. Sequence follows.
- TDSSKiller – I had to run and reboot several times. I also may have run Malwarebytes in between. Should have kept track better! This was because first I used an older version as I was being blocked by the virus. After I ran it I was able to connect and get the updated version which found more stuff.
- Malwarebytes – had to run this 2 or 3 times to come up clean. After this my net connection was broken.
- XP, Vista, Win7 Network Registry keys - I double clicked on netbt.reg as refered to on the page that took me to the reg keys – network was still not restored
- Farbar Service Scanner FSS - I ran FSS to find out what network function was not working. It came back with AFD.sys service not running.
- AFD.reg - I clicked on the AFD.reg key included in the XP registry keys. I then rebooted. After that my net connection was back.