Click on image for larger version
The only way to repair a drooping headliner is to totally replace the fabric covering and wiring brushing off the loose foam. Use a drill gun with a rotating wire brush tool. Anything else is pure torture.
Removing the headliner from a Mk4 VW Golf:
Additionally the fabric on the door panels is sagging and falling off:
A more in depth demonstration of how to get the fabric to conform to the door card panel.
- YouTube: how to remove mk4 golf headliner
- HarborFreight: 32 oz. Heavy Duty Automotive Air Spray Gun
- How to clean Weldwood Contact Cement From a Paint Spray Gun????
If you headliner is sagging then your door card fabric panels are probably drooping also. You will need to cover them also:
Removing 2 door VW Golf Mk4 rear speaker panels
- Youtube: vw golf 2 door recover rear speaker panels mk4
- Youtube: HOW TO REMOVE MK4 VW REAR SPEAKER PANELS
- Youtube: MK4 GTI rear panel/ speaker removal
- Youtube: How to remove rear panel speakers on GTI VW Volkswagen 04 05 06 07 08 2004 MK4
To do the card panels in your front door see how to remove the panel in the window replacement videos.