Specifications & Measurements
- Hitch ball size: 1 7/8 or 2 inch ball.
- Maximum hitch height is specified as 25 inches
- Measured natural height of trailer hitch ball receiver: 19 inches ground to bottom ( stopped by a U Haul to get this number. It applies to the hitch seen in the diagram above. Simpler version without auto safety break will be slightly lower.
- Height of the top of the square of my hitch receiver is: 14.5 inches
A rise of about 3 inches would put the hitch at the natural height. Will use the bigger ball.
- 6 x 12 foot U Haul Trailer
- UHaul 4 way flat adapter converter
- UHaul 4 Way Adapter Instructions
- Ebay: 7 Pin to 4 way adapter
My best guess is that the converter consists of some connections or resisters + connections at a minimum. Will enter what I find here later.
The trailer hitch design height used worked for a 2100 mile journey. Grateful that is over. Two Arizona trips and a trip to Washington D.C. Ouch. Now if I could only find a used Uhaul trailer. I really like this 2 axle trailer.