This recipe will work better than garbanzo beans in Brazil because they are more readily there.
I purchased a black bean hummus at the Tower Grove Park farmers market. It was very good. The listed ingredients where. Cumin was not specifically listed and if it had it was at very low levels.
- black beans
- orange juice
- lime juice
- lemon juice
- natural spices
- There is a little burn at the end of the flavor. Try adding a jalopeno.
- Recipe: Black bean hummus recipe with jalopeno and cilantro added – the cilantro is a great idea. This one has to be close.
Experiment 1: formula
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, divided
- 2 tablespoons tahini (roasted sesame seed paste)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/2 small jalapeño pepper, seeded
Notes: Experiment #1
- The jalopeno and cilantro is central to the recipe. The combination with the black beans is very tasty.
- harder to get the whip to thicken
- When you first make this black bean hummus you will not taste a strong cilantro flavor. However if you leave it overnight in the refrigerator the flavor of the cilantro comes on strong. Quite amazing the difference for cilantro lovers.